The 10,000 President’s Prayer Partners is a fast-growing group of Carolina Conference constituents who take matters such as these to their knees. We invite you to join us, and make this monthly list a matter of prayer. Together we seek the Lord for His answers and provisions to every need we bring before Him.
A special Note of Gratitude from
Your Servant Leader for the Lord
A number of you have sent me the kindest notes of thoughts and prayers as I have had to make back-and forth trips to California to care for my dad – Joseph Louis – with his declining health. Dad is now in an assisted living facility in Loma Linda, but has had to be admitted to the hospital virtually every month for complications of kidney failure and congestive heart failure. He rallies one day and slips into another world the next. It’s been touch-and-go and has weighed on my heart. I cherish your continued prayers for my sister, my brother and me as we grapple with a host of decisions pertaining to his comfort and care in this sunset valley of his life. Dad will be 93 in April, and he is very dear to our family. It was so good to see him in good spirits this past Sabbath. I thank God for the blessing of every brief shining moment.
1. Carolina Praises!
I am constantly amazed at a God who loves and cares for His children and His church to hear and answer the prayers and petitions of our hearts. He has promised us: “You can ask anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!” [John 14: 13-14].
I’d like to focus on three special blessings in which God has heard the prayers of our hearts over the past month –
1. Poplar Springs School — Our church school in Westminster, SC was at the brink of closing its doors due to financial concerns. At our last K-12 Board of Education Meeting, we joined in a special season of prayer before their church business session. Sufficient funds were pledged in that meeting as an ongoing commitment to keeping that little school open to continue serving the children of that church community. Praise the Lord!
2. Nine Hundred Forty-Nine (949) Precious New Souls — 2018 marked a banner year for soul winning in the Carolinas. We had 242 more baptisms & professions of faith than in the previous year. The closest we’ve ever experienced in such a wave of conversions by the Holy Spirit was in the year 2009. By God’s grace, may this ten year milestone be our Ebenezer of breaking 1,000 souls for the Kingdom of God. As we dedicate our labors to the most sacred and sole mission of the church – Seeking to Save – let’s continue to pray for the Latter Rain of His Holy Spirit to reach that apocalyptic multitude across the Carolinas referenced in Revelation 7:9 “which no man can number!”
3. Pressing on the Upward Way with Faithfulness in Tithing — We thank God for another year of forward progression in God’s blessings through the faithfulness of our members. It is our tithes that fund the ministry of His vineyard of the Carolinas, the entire Southern Union Conference, His church in North America as well as our global church family. In 2018 we had a 4.75% increase in tithe from the previous year! Praise the Lord! Look and give God the glory for this wonderful and steady progression of His blessings through the faithfulness and commitment of His family across North and South Carolina:
2. An Invitation for Each Carolina Church:
I HAVE CHOSEN TO KEEP THIS PRAYER PETITION, WHICH WE LAUNCHED AT THE BEGINNING OF 2018, TILL WE REACH THE REALITY OF THIS DREAM COME TRUE FOR MPA!
There are times when we pray about small things. There are other times we pray over larger items. But nothing is too small or too big for the God that you and I worship! WE TRULY NEED A RELIABLE BUS FOR OUR ACADEMY!
Would you pray with me about something very special? Grace is God’s gift to us. We can accept it or choose to refuse it. Money can also be a gift. If you give it as a gift for Christmas or a birthday to your children, most of them will gladly accept it rather than turn it away.
Where am I going with this? A few months ago, we received an amazing offer of $50,000.00 as a matching fund grant from Advent Health System toward the purchase of a newer and much needed bus for our academy. So far we have raised $25,000.00. However we will not be able to access that matching challenge of $50.000.00 until we raise the remaining $25,000.00. Just a few weeks ago I invited the pastors for each of our churches to set a simple commitment goal — $2.00 per member — to reach the remaining needed funds so we wouldn’t leave this generous offer on the table!
Would you especially pray for me as I prepare a letter for our pastors to take this matter to each of our local church board families for their support? It would certainly be a sad day in Carolina to have lost $50,000 in a matching grant simply because there weren’t sufficient members to help us realize this very reasonable and reachable goal. Thank you for joining us in this very special prayer partner matter!
When we all pray together and commit to a task, God can do amazing things – far beyond our imagination!
Would you make this a matter of sincere prayer? You can be a part of making this dream come true too! Every investment – small or large – can add up toward realizing this gift for our students at Mount Pisgah Academy. As we continue to pray about this need, may the Lord impress each of us as President’s Prayer Partners and others too to do their part . Here are 3 Ways by which you can donate to this special project:
3 Ways to Donate
WEBSITE: https://www.pisgah.us (credit card)
SEND CHECK: 75 Academy Drive
Candler, NC 28715
CONTACT MPA: 828-418-2408
Lucy Hall email@example.com
Kevin Worth firstname.lastname@example.org
3. PRAYING FOR OUR CHURCH DISTRICTS & PASTORS
Under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, these words of encouragement were penned for our churches: “Ask of me, and I will answer your requests. The promise is made on condition that the united prayers of the church are offered, and in answer to these prayers there may be expected a power greater than that which comes in answer to private prayer. The power given will be proportionate to the unity of the members and their love for God and for one another.” [9MR, 303]
Praying for our pastors is very important. They are serving God and the attacks of the enemy are relentless. They must be covered in prayer on a daily basis.
Our prayers should be personalized by saying the title of pastor along with their name since they hold a position of sacred trust for God’s remnant church.
Here’s a suggestion for this month: Why not pray for our pastors by name using these seven scriptural passages:
For Protection from Satan
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8).
For Protection from Our Own Sinful Hearts
But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death. (James 1:14-15)
For Deep Spiritual Encouragement
For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you— that is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith, both yours and mine. (Romans 1:11-12)
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. (James 1:5)
For Doctrinal Faithfulness
By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you
(2 Timothy 1:14).
For A Healthy Body
But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified (1 Corinthians 9:27).
For A Strong Marriage & Family
Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God’s church (1 Timothy 3:2-6)
Pastors Church; Company & Groups
1. Mark Kim Pastor
Raleigh Korean SDA Company
2. Sung Kim Pastor
Greensboro Korean SDA Church
3. Ross Knight Associate Pastor
Spartanburg SDA Church
4. Jose LaPorte, Jr. Pastor
Little Creek SDA Fellowship Church
Goldsboro SDA Church
5. Tony LaPorte Pastor
Charleston SDA Church
Lieber Correctional SDA Group
6. Ken Lee Pastor
Delco SDA Church
Whiteville SDA Church
Elizabethtown SDA Church
7. Duane Maracle Pastor
Clinton-Laurens County SDA Church
Greenwood SDA Church
CONSIDER SENDING THESE PASTORS AN E-MAIL NOTE OF ENCOURAGEMENT AND AFFIRMATION WHEN YOU HAVE PRAYED FOR THEM. BEGINNING WITH THIS ISSUE, WE’VE LISTED THEIR E-MAILS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE AS MEMBERS OF OUR CAROLINA PRESIDENTS’ PRAYER PARTNER TEAM